Thursday, February 17, 2011

AdSense tips and tricks


Here are some basic tips I’ve picked up along the way:
1) Medium and Large rectangles out perform other ad types.
2) Blending ads in to your website usually helps increase ecpm
I’ve found it increases CTR and that’s IT. In the long term it will decrease ecpm, or has for my sites anyway.
3) The bot is pretty logical. A page about Cameras will earn a lower cpc for adverts about cameras, compared to a page about camera reviews. The review page suggests to google that the user is looking to buy.
4) Too many ads on the page will mean there is more chance of a lower paying advertiser to creep in and lower your CPC.
5) Don’t dismiss the horizontal link unit, it can be very successful if placed well.
Eventually I want to understand and be able to think just like the adsense bot. So that I can ensure I’m getting the maximum cpc for my traffic which I believe is quality and relevant to the ads that appear on my website.

0 comments:

Post a Comment