Thursday, February 24, 2011

Free Script To Mass Update Your WordPress Blogs


Owning +500 blogs myself, I wasn’t updating them because it will be too time consuming and I didn’t see any reason for updating because they were working just fine! But when a plugin gets a new release that is not compatible with old wp version comes the need to update which is a pain in the @$$$ when you have large number of blogs so I coded this script and tested it on a large network and tests returned success and here I’m releasing it for free.
The script will log into the blog admin panel and goes to update page and do the job for you! All hands off, fully automated and free!
Edit the included csv (comma separated file) through excel where:-
column 1 = domain (without http://www )
column 2 = blog admin user
column 3 = blog admin password
one website per row.
I would recommend changing the name of wp-mass-updater.php and blogs.csv to any random names for security purposes.
I would also recommend setting up a cron job to run the php file once per day so you keep all your blogs up to date automatically.

0 comments:

Post a Comment