Thursday, February 17, 2011

How to make $600 in 6 minutes Slipstreaming


3 weeks ago I read this story of how a guy generated $600 in 6 minutes using a technique called slipstreaming.
May be of interest to some or a poor feeble first attempt to share the little i know….anyway here goes.
How did he do it?
Well, he saw that TMZ.com was running a story, and the comments were
blowing up. Google trends was showing a massive surge in searches and
it made sense to throw something up on PPC.
The landing page took about 10 minutes to make.
The offer was pretty easy to pick out, since the guy’s a rapper he just
chose a ringtone freebie CPA.
Put up these ads on google and YSM:
Vote To Save T.I. From Jail
$5,000 Cash Prize For Voters
5 Free T.I. Ringtones
T.I. Busted With Machine Guns
Vote If You Think He’s Guilty
Voters Get 5 Free Ringtones
Will T.I. Go Down?
Your Vote Counts. Vote Now.
Get $5,000 Cash + Ringtones
Here’s his stats (for 6-10 minutes):
Impressions: 3,679
CLicks: 1,067
CTR: 29%
CPL: $2.75
Leads: 221
Conversion%: 20%
Spend: $128
after reading this I started to use google trends and found that I’m able to generate up to a 1000 unique visitors in a day while the keyword is hot.
Example being jennifer love Hewitt was the keyword that went to number 1 for 12 hours on google trends. I created a story ( a re-hash of 3 other stories) submitted to now-public and digg and had the webpage listed number 2 for the jennifer love hewitt keyword within 40 minutes.
Add adsense and a video and keep an eye on google trends for your next keyword.
Simple but effective to date.
Having seen the quality of content on this site, this my first contribution I hope this helps in ensuring that I’m giving a little back as I downloaded 2 products.

0 comments:

Post a Comment